This Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler recipe is a delicious combo of two classic desserts: cinnamon rolls and peach cobbler! The cinnamon roll topping gives a unique twist to traditional peach cobbler while the sweet and juicy peaches provide a flavorful base. This cobbler is easy to make and can be served as a warm, indulgent brunch or dessert recipe!
What is Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler?
Cinnamon roll peach cobbler is a sweet and savory dessert made with cinnamon rolls, homemade peach filling, and a cinnamon roll glaze. It can be served warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Pair this dessert, brunch, or breakfast recipe with a hot cup of coffee or tea for a delicious treat!
You’ll Also Love: Brioche French Toast Casserole
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 6 Fresh Medium Peaches – peeled, pitted, and sliced into ¼” slices (about 2.5 lb whole peaches)
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Unsalted Butter
*You can also use canned peach pie filling instead of the fresh peach mixture!
- Unsalted Butter
- Confectioners Sugar
- Whole Milk (or water)
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler Recipe
1. Make The Cinnamon Roll Dough
Make homemade cinnamon rolls and refrigerate until ready to use, or simply use a can of store-bought cinnamon rolls to save time!
2. Mix The Peach Filling
Make your own peach filling according to the recipe below, or buy pre-made peach pie filling. Both are great options!
3. Add Peach Layer To Skillet
Pour the peach filling into a prepared cast iron skillet as the bottom layer.
4. Add Cinnamon Roll Layer
Slice the cinnamon rolls into small pieces and add on top of the peach filling layer.
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, then covered for another 25 minutes.
6. Drizzle Icing
Mix the icing and drizzle it over the entire cobbler!
Using Cinnamon Rolls to Make Peach Cobbler
Using cinnamon rolls to make peach cobbler is a fun way to combine a crave-worthy brunch recipe with a fun dessert. It’s perfect for almost any occasion! Instead of using a biscuit-like dough, like traditional peach cobbler, use sliced cinnamon roll dough for added sweetness and flavor!
difference between a dump cake and a cobbler?
A dump cake and a cobbler are both delicious desserts, but they have some differences.
A dump cake is typically made by “dumping” canned fruit into a baking dish and then topping it with a cake mix and butter. The ingredients are not mixed together, hence the name “dump cake.” When baked, the cake mix forms a crispy and crumbly topping over the fruit.
On the other hand, a cobbler is made by topping fruit with a biscuit-like dough or batter. The dough or batter is usually dropped in spoonfuls or rolled out and placed on top of the fruit. As it bakes, the dough rises and becomes golden brown, creating a soft and doughy texture that complements the fruit filling.
Ultimately, the main difference between a dump cake and a cobbler is the way they are assembled. A dump cake uses a cake mix as the topping, while a cobbler uses dough or batter.
Homemade vs. Store-Bought Cinnamon Rolls
When it comes to making cinnamon roll peach cobbler, you can either use store-bought pre-made cinnamon rolls or make your own homemade version. Store-bought cinnamon rolls are convenient and usually come pre-made, making them a great time-saving option. However, homemade cinnamon rolls have a more robust flavor and the ability to customize them according to your preferences. Whether you opt for store-bought or homemade, this recipe is sure to be a delicious treat!
Here are some delicious ideas for how to serve cinnamon roll peach cobbler:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: The cold and creamy ice cream will melt into the warm cobbler, creating a delightful contrast in textures and temperatures!
- Whipped Cream: Top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream. The light and fluffy whipped cream adds a touch of sweetness and creaminess that complements the rich flavors of the cobbler.
- Caramel Sauce: Drizzle some warm caramel sauce over your cinnamon roll peach cobbler for an extra indulgent treat!
- Chopped Nuts: The crunchy texture and nutty flavor of chopped nuts will provide a nice contrast to the soft and tender cobbler.
- Fresh Mint: Garnish with a few fresh mint leaves for a pop of freshness!
- Streusel Topping: Add a crunchy streusel topping for extra texture and flavor. Mix together butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon, and sprinkle it over the cobbler before baking.
- Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler Parfait: Layer your cinnamon roll peach cobbler with vanilla yogurt and fresh peaches to create a delicious and refreshing parfait. Serve it in individual glasses for an elegant presentation.
- Bars: Turn this recipe into portable bars. Press a layer of cinnamon roll dough into a baking dish, top it with the peach filling, and then crumble the remaining dough on top. Bake until golden brown and cut into bars.
- Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler Muffins: Transform this recipe into muffins. Fill muffin cups halfway with cinnamon roll dough, top with the peach filling, and then add more dough on top. Bake until the muffins are cooked through and lightly golden.
How To Store Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler
To store cobbler, let it cool completely, then cover it tightly with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. Alternatively, freeze it for up to 3 months and thaw it in the refrigerator or reheat it in the oven when ready to eat!
More Summer Brunch Ideas
- Strawberry Pancakes Recipe
- Cookies & Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- Buttermilk French Toast
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Strawberry Pop Tarts
Did you make this recipe? Sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 5-6 large Homemade Cinnamon Rolls or store-bought cinnamon rolls
- 6 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced into ¼” slices about 2.5 lb whole peaches
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon whole milk (or water)
Make The Cinnamon Rolls
- Prepare the homemade cinnamon rolls dough and filling, then set in the fridge until ready to use.
Prepare The Peach Mixture
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush a 10.25” cast iron skillet with a thin layer of oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced peaches with brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Place the peach filling into the skillet and spread into an even layer. Dot the top of the peaches with 2 tbsp of butter (small cubes).
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces and place on top of the pan of peaches.
- Bake for 25 minutes uncovered. The cinnamon rolls will be puffed up and slightly golden brown. Then lightly tent with foil and bake for another 25 minutes to ensure the cinnamon rolls are fully cooked through.
Make The Icing
- When the pan comes out of the oven, immediately brush the cinnamon rolls with 1 tbsp melted butter.
- Mix together confectioners sugar and milk until it forms a smooth drizzle consistency. Drizzle over the warm baked cobbler. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use homemade or canned/store-bought cinnamon rolls.
- You can also save time by using peach pie filling instead!