These Lemon Blueberry Pancakes are the BEST for a delicious breakfast treat! Light, fluffy, and sweet. Fresh lemon and blueberries mixed into an easy-to-make pancake batter, then cooked to buttery perfection. This pancake recipe is full of spring flavors!
Whether you’re looking for a sweet everyday breakfast recipe or a new way to take weekend brunch to the next level, these Lemon Blueberry Pancakes are heavenly! Every bite is light, fluffy perfection. Here’s what’s amazing about them:
- They’re quick and easy to make.
- You can make them in advance and store for later!
- They are full of bright lemon and sweet blueberry flavors.
- The recipe calls for all-purpose flour, but there’s an option to use self-rising flour for less effort as well.
- Lemon blueberry fluffy pancake perfection – you can’t go wrong with this one!
Everyone will love this delicious breakfast or spring brunch recipe!
Flour – This recipe calls for all-purpose flour. However, you can also use self-rising flour! Simply omit the baking powder and salt in the recipe to swap it out.
Lemon Zest – Lemon zest from one lemon (about 2-3 Tablespoons) brings these pancakes to life by adding that bright, fresh lemon flavor!
Lemon Juice – The lemon juice in this recipe also adds to the spring flavors.
Eggs – These pancakes can be made with regular eggs or a vegan egg substitute!
Milk – Regular or whole milk works best, but any type of milk is great.
Vanilla – Vanilla helps balance the bright lemon flavors in this recipe.
Sugar – A little bit of sugar in these pancakes really takes them to another level!
RELATED: Does Sugar Go Bad?
Blueberries – Feel free to use fresh or frozen blueberries. Both work great!
Butter (for cooking) – You’ll need a little bit of butter to cook these Lemon Blueberry Pancakes. Any type of oil, such as coconut oil or canola oil, works great too!
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Here’s how to make Lemon Blueberry Pancakes in 8 easy steps:
- Combine the dry pancake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon zest and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the liquid ingredients together (including lemon juice).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just well combined.
- Add in blueberries and mix.
- Cook pancakes on a skillet, griddle, or non-stick pan, over medium-high heat with melted butter.
- Flip each pancake after about 2-3 minutes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Making Lemon Blueberry Pancakes with Pancake Mix
Want to save even more time and energy? Feel free to make Lemon Blueberry Pancakes using pancake mix, instead! To do this, simply mix together the pancake mix according to directions. Add the same amount of lemon zest, substitute 1/4 cup lemon juice for water or milk, and add in frozen or fresh berries. Cook according to directions!
How to Top/Pair Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
One of the best things about pancakes for breakfast is the toppings! Here are a few ideas for topping off Lemon Blueberry Pancakes:
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Whole Milk Vanilla Yogurt
- Fresh Blueberries
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon Zest
- Greek Yogurt
- Whipped Cream
These Lemon Blueberry Pancakes can be refrigerated and even frozen for later! Here’s how to store them:
Refrigerator – To refrigerate pancakes, let them cool completely. Then place them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3-5 days!
Freezer – To freeze pancakes, let them cool completely. Place the serving sizes in airtight containers (or bags) in the refrigerator for about an hour. Then move the containers to the freezer and keep frozen for up to 3 months!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Buttermilk French Toast
- Strawberry Pop Tarts
- Lemon Turmeric Cake
- Maple Blueberry Scones
- Apple Fritter Cake
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or self rising flour, omiting the baking powder and salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon, zested about 2-3 Tablespoons zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from the same lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tablespoons butter for cooking
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add in the blueberries and mix.
- Heat up the butter (1/2 – 1 Tablespoon at a time, as needed throughout cooking) in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Continue the cooking process with the remaining batter.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 14-16 pancakes.
- This recipe calls for all-purpose flour. However, you can also use self-rising flour! Simply omit the baking powder and salt in the recipe to swap it out.