These Pistachio Muffins are light, nutty, and full of pistachio flavor. The sweetness of the pudding mix is balanced by the addition of ground pistachios making these muffins rich and flavorful. They come together so quickly and bake in just 15 minutes!
pistachio muffins recipe
I love all things pistachio flavored – ice cream, cookies, pudding, bread, and now these muffins! Having muffin recipes on hand for a quick breakfast or snack is so simple with tasty and EASY recipes like this one.
The dry ingredients get mixed in one bowl, wet in another, combined, and then topped with a sprinkle of sugar and ground pistachio nuts. They bake with beautiful, domed tops and a pistachio-green inside, all in just 15 minutes. You’ve got to taste these bakery-style pistachio muffins – they’re SO good!
You’ll Also Love: Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
These Pistachio Muffins use basic, easy-to-find ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baking Powder
- Pistachio Pudding Mix – for a beautiful color and that quintessential pistachio flavor we all know and love.
- Ground Pistachios – use your blender or food processor to chop shelled pistachios into a course meal, the salt adds the perfect touch!
how to make pistachio muffins
This easy Pistachio Muffins recipe is such a hit! Here’s how to make them:
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, pudding mix, and ground pistachios.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins with the muffin batter and add the ground pistachios and sugar topping.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes, serve, and enjoy!
Chocolate Chips – Add a cup of mini chocolate chips, either semi-sweet or white chocolate to make them even more decadent.
Streusel – Melt 5 Tablespoons butter, add a cup of flour and 3/4 cup sugar, and stir to make a streusel topping for muffins.
Powdered Sugar – Dust with a sprinkle of powdered sugar once completely cooled for a pretty touch.
Buttermilk – Substitute buttermilk for the milk to add a bit of tanginess.
Extract – Vanilla extract and almond extract would both be a tasty addition. Use 1 teaspoon in the wet ingredients.
storing pistachio muffins
Pistachio Muffins are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you’re storing them for longer, place the airtight container in the fridge, but warm them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
You can freeze them as well – place them in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze them for 1-2 months. To serve, thaw them on the counter or lightly microwave them just until warm for the best texture.
more brunch recipes you’ll love
- Small-Batch Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Apple Cider Muffins
- Easy Bavarian Cream Donuts
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, pudding mix, and 1 cup of ground pistachios in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the remaining pistachios and raw sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.