This Blackberry Mint Mojito recipe is so refreshing and perfect or any time of the year! Made with fresh blackberries, mint, white rum, lime (or lemon), and sweetened to perfection with fizzy ginger beer, this is an easy cocktail recipe that you’ll absolutely love.
You’ll Also Love: Creamy Coconut Mojito
In This Post
- Ingredients for a Blackberry Mojito
- How to Make a Blackberry Mint Mojito
- More Drink Recipes You’ll Love
Ingredients For A Blackberry mojito
Blackberries – Fresh blackberries work best for muddling in a glass or cocktail shaker. They are so refreshing and delicious!
Lime – Lime pairs beautifully with blackberries, but so does lemon. The lime has more of that mojito flavor, while lemon mimics the flavors of a summer tea! Both options work wonderfully in this cocktail recipe.
Mint – Fresh mint leaves bring this blackberry mojito to life!
White Rum – The right amount of white rum brings that refreshing, warm weather flavor to this delicious cocktail.
Ginger Beer – Adding ginger beer gives this cocktail depth in flavor. However, if you’re not a fan of ginger beer (or don’t have it on hand), you can always substitute with 2 teaspoons of simple syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda instead!
How to Make a Blackberry Mint Mojito
Making a Blackberry Mint Mojito is actually very easy! You can make the cocktail right in the glass, or you can also make it in a cocktail shaker if you want to strain the blackberries and lime out of the drink. Here are a few options:
Method 1 – Muddle In Glass
The first method (and the recipe below) is to muddle the fruit right in the glass. This method is great for a single serving and keeps the fruit in the glass, making it a delicious treat! Here’s how to make a Blackberry Mojito right in the glass:
- Muddle the lime and blackberries in the glass.
- Add mint and muddle.
- Fill with ice, then pour rum over the ice.
- Stir and add ginger beer!
Method 2 – Cocktail Shaker
The second method is to make this drink in a cocktail shaker, then strain out the fruit. Since blackberries tend to have a lot of seeds, this may be your preferred method! Here’s how to make a Blackberry Mojito in a cocktail shaker:
- Muddle the lime and blackberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add in the mind and muddle.
- Fill the shaker with some ice and add the white rum.
- Shake vigorously, then strain and pour into a glass filled with ice.
- Add the ginger beer and enjoy!
Making An Alcohol-Free Version
Want to make an alcohol-free blackberry mojito? Substitute the rum with an alcohol-free rum essence or simply add an extra 1 1/2 ounces of the ginger beer instead. It’s still just as delicious!
More Drink Recipes You’ll Love
- Blueberry Gin Basil Smash
- Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- Palm Springs Date Shake
- Spiced Cranberry Gin Fizz
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Blackberry Mint Mojito
Blackberry Mint Mojito
- 1/2 small lime, quartered about 1 ounce juice
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 cup ginger beer
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice to coat rim
Creating The Sugar Rim
- Coat the rim of the glass with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Place the raw sugar in a small bowl and dip the glass rim in the sugar.
Making The Blackberry Mojito
- Muddle the quartered lime and blackberries in the glass.
- Add the mint and muddle.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice and stir, bring the muddled fruit and mint up through the ice.
- Add ginger beer, garnish, and enjoy!
- If you’re not a fan of ginger beer (or don’t have it on hand), you can always substitute with 2 teaspoons of simple syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda instead!
- Feel free to make this recipe in a cocktail shaker if you want to strain out the lime and blackberries.