Are you craving something rich, chocolatey, and indulgent? Look no further than this Chocolate Oreo Trifle recipe. This dessert is perfect for any occasion! It’s super easy to make, yet looks and tastes impressive. Made with a brownie layer, chocolate pudding layer, whipped cream, and crumbled Oreo cookies, every bite is full of rich, chocolatey goodness!
Chocolate Oreo Trifle Recipe
This Chocolate Oreo Trifle is a delicious and impressive dessert that’s great for a crowd. It’s easy to make, yet looks and tastes like a true masterpiece!
Whether you’re making this dessert for a special occasion or just to indulge in a little chocolatey goodness, the Chocolate Oreo Trifle is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it. So gather your ingredients, get baking, and enjoy the decadent layers of this delicious treat!
RELATED: Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
Chocolate Oreo Trifle Layer Ingredients
This trifle is all about the layers. You’ll need to create a brownie layer, chocolate pudding layer, and Oreo whipped cream layer. For the brownie layer, you’ll need a package of brownie mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and milk or water. You can use any brownie mix you like, but using one with a fudge packet for an extra rich and chocolatey flavor is often worth it!
For the chocolate pudding layer, you’ll need a package of instant chocolate pudding and whole milk. And for the Oreo whipped cream layer, you’ll need cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, heavy cream, and crushed Oreos.
How to Make A Chocolate Oreo Trifle
To make the brownies, start by preheating your oven to 350°F and preparing a 8×8″ or 9×9″ baking pan. Bake for 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool completely.
Next, make the chocolate pudding according to the directions on the package and refrigerate it until it’s chilled and set.
To make the Oreo whipped cream, start by beating the cream cheese until it’s smooth and creamy. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream, continuing to mix until it forms stiff peaks.
To assemble the trifle, start by layering half of the brownies on the bottom of a large glass bowl. Top the brownies with half of the chocolate pudding, half of the whipped cream, and half of the crushed Oreos. Repeat these layers with the remaining brownies, chocolate pudding, and Oreo whipped cream. Finish with a generous sprinkle of crushed Oreos on top, if desired!
Chill the trifle in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving. This will give the layers time to meld together and create a deliciously creamy and chocolatey dessert!
RELATED: Cookies & Cream Cinnamon Rolls
Tips and Variations
- This dessert can be made the night before! Simply add plastic wrap over the trifle or glass dish and keep it in the refrigerator.
- For an extra special touch, garnish the top of the trifle with extra whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and/or extra crushed or whole Oreos.
- Try swapping out the brownies for chocolate cake or chocolate cookies for a different twist on this classic dessert!
- You can also experiment with different flavors of pudding, such as vanilla or caramel, to mix things up.
How to Store
Chocolate Oreo Trifle leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days!
More Desserts You’ll Love
- Matcha Brownies Recipe
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- Coconut Pecan Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
- Tiramisu Cupcakes
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Chocolate Oreo Trifle
- 1 16 ounce package brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons milk
Chocolate Pudding Layer
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 5 ounce package instant chocolate pudding
Oreo Whipped Cream
- 8 ounce full fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 2/3 cup crumbled Oreo cookies
Make The Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8×8" or 9×9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and milk together until well combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into pieces.
Make The Chocolate Pudding
- Heat the milk in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the chocolate pudding mix and stir constantly as it comes to a boil (about 5 minutes).
- Once boiling, continue to stir until the pudding begins to thicken (2-3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and continue to stir as it cools down (3-5 minutes).
- Refrigerate to set.
Make The Whipped Cream
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in the cold heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix on medium-high speed until peaks begin to form.
Layer the Trifle
- Layer the trifle with half of the brownie pieces, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and crumbled Oreo cookies.
- Repeat the layers.
- Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours (or up to overnight) before serving.
Leave a Reply