Looking for a unique Easter recipe? This Easter Poke Cake is SO good! Made with a classic vanilla sheet cake recipe, a vanilla pudding soak, and topped with homemade whipped cream, robin eggs, and sprinkles to taste. Make this easy Easter cake recipe the night before to save time!
Easter Poke Cake Recipe
This Easter Poke Cake is more than just a dessert; it’s a slice of heaven on a plate. The moist and fluffy cake, soaked in a rich and creamy pudding mixture, is topped with fluffy whipped cream and adorned with festive robin eggs and sprinkles. Every bite is a burst of sweet and indulgent flavor!
Not only is is incredibly easy to make, it’ll also impress your guests! This fun and delicious cake is truly perfect for celebrating Easter and one of the BEST Easter desserts. With its bright colors and festive decorations, this cake is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
You’ll Also Love: French Strawberry Cake
Ingredients for Easter Pudding Poke Cake
Vanilla Sheet Cake
This recipe calls for an easy homemade vanilla sheet cake with flour, baking powder, sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. However, a box mix cake works great, too!
Vanilla Pudding Soak
You only need two simple ingredients for the vanilla pudding soak: vanilla pudding mix and milk!
TIP: Make this cake a bit more colorful by adding food coloring to the vanilla pudding! You can choose one color, or place the vanilla pudding into several bowls for different pastel colors.
Make your own easy homemade whipped cream (recipe below), or add any type of whipped cream or icing you like. Top with robin eggs, sprinkles, coconut shavings, peeps, white chocolate chips, or any type of Easter candy that sounds delicious!
How to Make an Easter Poke Cake
Making a next-level cake for Easter is easier than you make think! Here’s a quick overview for how to make an Easter Poke Cake in 7 simple steps:
- Make the vanilla cake in a 9×13 cake pan.
- Bake and let cool.
- Mix the instant pudding and milk together in a bowl.
- Poke holes into the cooled cake and pour the pudding soak into it (and over the top of the cake).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight!
- When ready to serve, easily and quickly make the whipped cream.
- Top with whipped topping, robin eggs, and sprinkles!
RELATED: Matcha Brownies Recipe
How to Store
Have leftovers? Store this cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
More Easter Recipes You’ll Love
- Buttermilk French Toast
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Apple Goat Cheese Puff Pastry
- Cookies & Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
The BEST Easter Poke Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 3.4 ounce box vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- robin eggs
Make the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- Alternate stirring in the flour mixture and buttermilk, mixing just until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into a 9×12 cake pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top of the cake is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
Make the Pudding
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk quickly for about 2-3 minutes, or until the pudding begins to thicken.
- Use a straw or knife to poke several large holes throughout the cake, about 1/2" apart from each other.
- Pour the pudding into the holes and over the entire cake, lightly pressing it into the cake with a spoon or spatula.
- Cover the cake with an airtight wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, mix the heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar together with an electric mixer on high speed until peaks begin to form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake, then add robins eggs and sprinkles to taste.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!