Sweet, fluffy, DELICIOUS. This Apple Fritter Cake is the best for an easy fall dessert that’s a total crowd-pleaser! A light, perfectly moist cake at the base, a sweet, cinnamon brown sugar apple streusel that makes for the best topping, and a glaze that brings that little bit of apple fritter crunch. Everyone will love this recipe!
Whether you’re looking for a fall-inspired dessert to bring to a gathering or you just want to bake something cozy and delicious, this Apple Fritter Cake is here to impress! With so much flavor and the most perfect textures, this recipe truly takes things to another level. The best part? It’s actually SO easy to make!
The Cake – All-purpose flour, eggs, butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and baking powder make for a light and fluffy cake base!
RELATED: Substituting Almond Flour For All-Purpose Flour
Apple Topping – This apple topping is truly the star of the show here. Made with diced apples, softened butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon, it tastes like a cross of an apple fritter and a streusel topping!
The Glaze – To seal the deal and create that apple fritter taste and texture, this glaze is made with powdered sugar, vanilla, and a little bit of milk. Feel free to adjust the amount of milk to create the desired texture!
What Type of Apples to Use in Apple Cakes?
The best types of apples to use in apple cakes (or other any other apple recipe) are gala apples and honeycrisp apples, as they are a bit more firm and can hold up in baking. However, any type of apple can typically work great!
How to Make An Apple Fritter Cake
This cake recipe is incredibly easy! Here’s how to make an Apple Fritter Cake:
- Whisk the cake batter together (both liquid and dry ingredients).
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Mix the apple fritter topping in a medium bowl.
- Pour the apple mixture over the cake batter, using a knife to swirl it into the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool and drizzle the top of the cake with the glaze!
TIP #1: Depending on how juicy your apples are, you may need less or more baking time. The best way to check if the cake is done is to insert a toothpick and make sure that it comes out clean (or mostly clean)!
TIP #2: Use spray oil to grease the baking pan or use parchment paper to help the cake come out easier.
Tips for Peeling Apples Quickly
Peeling and chopping apples for baking recipes should not take near as long it often does. Want to know the secret to quickly peeling apples and shaving your prep time in half? Use a y-shaped peeler! Another option is to use an Apple Peeler & Corer, but a simple, regular peeler works great too.
The key is to run the peeler horizontally, not vertically. This article shows photos for how to peel an apple and can help the process go so much faster!
Apple Fritter Cake Using Cake Mix
Another time-saving option is to use cake mix for the cake layer! This is a simple swap and works perfectly with this recipe. To make an Apple Fritter Cake using cake mix, simply mix together the cake mix according to directions (by hand or using an electric mixer). Pour into the baking pan, then create the apple fritter topping according to the instructions below. Bake, let cool, and add the glaze!
How To Store Apple Cake
Apple cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months!
To store, simply let the cake cool completely. Next, place it in an airtight container and slice when ready to serve. If freezing, go ahead and slice it first!
When ready to serve, feel free to reheat for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave!
This Apple Fritter Cake Recipe is SO Easy and Delicious!
This Apple Fritter Cake will make your entire house smell like fall! It’s incredibly easy to make and so, so very delicious. It’s truly one of the best fall desserts!
More Desserts & Drinks You’ll Love
- Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- Maple Blueberry Scones
- Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Apple Fritter Cake Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Apple Fritter Topping
- 4 1/2 cups apples, peeled & diced about 4-5
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5-7 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the batter (except for the melted butter) until well combined.
- Slowly add in the melted butter until fully combined.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix the topping ingredients together (except for the apples).
- Fold in the apples until distributed evenly.
- Top the batter with this mixture, using a knife to swirl the topping around and lightly blend parts of it into the cake batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 20 minutes (or more).
- While the cake is cooling, whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake, cut into slices, and enjoy!
- Depending on how juicy your apples are, you may need less or more baking time. The best way to check if the cake is done is to insert a toothpick and make sure that it comes out clean (or mostly clean)!
Leave a Reply