Creamy, sweet, and delicious, this homemade Eggnog Latte recipe is a favorite for the holidays! Make this coffee drink with or without an espresso machine, add your own flavor twists, and adjust it to your own taste. This Eggnog Latte tastes just like (or better) than the Starbucks version and can be made in 10 minutes or less!
This Homemade Eggnog Latte recipe is the BEST!
There’s nothing like the cozy, warming flavors of eggnog to celebrate the holidays. Next to the classic pumpkin spice latte, it’s one of the most popular drinks for this time of year! Add it to your morning latte, and you have yourself a festive drink that will definitely put you in the Christmas mood. This is a recipe you’ll definitely want to keep on your holiday menu. It’s so delicious!
What You’ll Need
The 3 main ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are espresso, milk, and eggnog. Everything else is optional and adds extra festive flavors!
Espresso or Coffee – This drink is primarily made with a two shots of espresso (double shot). A lungo shot is also a great option, as well as strongly brewed coffee! And of course, you can always just do a single shot of espresso as well.
Milk – Regular milk is the base of this latte, but oat milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk are great alternatives.
Eggnog – It wouldn’t be an eggnog latte without creamy eggnog! This eggnog is the best, or you can also use homemade eggnog.
Maple Syrup (optional) – Add extra depth and sweetness to this latte with a little bit of maple syrup. You can also add a tiny bit of vanilla extract for even more flavor!
Whipped Cream (optional) – The whipped cream for topping makes this drink a total treat.
Ground Nutmeg (optional) – A dash of ground nutmeg brings the flavors in the latte together!
How to Make an Eggnog Latte
This recipe is INCREDIBLY easy to make. Here’s how to put it together in 10 minutes or less:
- Brew shots espresso or coffee into a mug.
- Heat and froth the milk and eggnog (using a milk frother or stove top and immersion blender to blend and froth the milk).
- Pour the milk mixture over espresso and add maple syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg!
TIP: Pair this with a slice of Apple Fritter Coffee Cake for the best flavors!
More Ideas for Frothing the Milk:
- Use a steaming wand on an espresso machine.
- Heat the milk and eggnog up in the microwave, then use a whisk to lightly froth.
The Best Espresso Machine
Nespresso is truly one of the best easy-to-use espresso maker for everyday lattes! And it’s perfect for making this Eggnog Latte. Use a double shot espresso pod or lungo espresso pod for best results!
Making An Eggnog Latte Without An Espresso Machine
Don’t have an espresso machine? No worries! This recipe can also be made with strongly brewed coffee instead of espresso. Another option is to use instant espresso!
Starbucks Eggnog Latte Copycat Recipe
This recipe is made to taste like the Starbucks version. However, you can adjust the flavors to truly make it your own! The addition of the maple syrup truly takes it to another level, and topping it with whipped cream and nutmeg brings the flavors together. It’s so good!
Iced Eggnog Latte
Want your holiday latte on ice? Simply brew the espresso over ice, then continue the recipe according to directions. Add more ice to the latte at the end, then top with whipped cream and nutmeg!
Eggnog Chai Latte
Take this recipe to the next level by adding 2 teaspoons of spiced chai powder to the espresso. If you do this, I recommend omitting the maple syrup, as it may be overly sweet. The flavors of chai tea along with eggnog are so delicious!
Lightened-Up Eggnog Latte
Easily lighten up this coffee drink recipe by using 2% milk and “light” eggnog instead! Omit the maple syrup and whipped cream, and this morning drink is perfect as an everyday latte.
More Drinks You’ll Love
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Eggnog Latte Recipe (Starbucks Copycat)
- 1 double shot espresso or 1/2 cup very strong coffee
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup optional
- 2 Tablespoons whipped cream optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg optional
- Brew the espresso or coffee into a mug.
- Heat up the milk and eggnog in a milk frother or on the stovetop over medium heat.
- If heating on the stovetop, use an immersion blender to lightly froth the milk and eggnog mixture (if desired).
- Pour the frothy milk and eggnog along with the maple syrup over the espresso and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground nutmeg!