This Butterscotch Pecan Pie is the best of the best! With a buttery, flaky pie crust and a gooey pecan pie filling that’s taken to the next level with the cozy, sweet, and warming flavors of real butterscotch, this fall dessert is incredibly delicious. Top it off with whipped cream and a butterscotch drizzle for a recipe that will leave everyone wanting more!
Take Your Pecan Pie Up a Notch With Butterscotch
When we say that this Butterscotch Pecan Pie is the best ever, we aren’t kidding. With notes of vanilla and butterscotch, every single bite is melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Make this easy recipe for Thanksgiving, any fall gatherings, or for a just-because dessert!
RELATED: How Long Does Pumpkin Pie Last in the Fridge?
You will only need 7 simple ingredients for this Butterscotch Pecan Pie! Here’s what you’ll need:
Pie Crust – Feel free to make your own homemade pie crust, use a pie crust mix, or buy a pre-made uncooked pie crust from the grocery store!
Butterscotch Chips – Butterscotch chips melted with butter make for a flavor that’s like any other in this pecan pie recipe. Warming, comforting, sweet, and delicious!
Corn Syrup – Both light and dark corn syrup work great in pecan pie recipes.
Eggs – Eggs are the base of this recipe and help set the custard-like pie filling.
Vanilla – Warming vanilla adds so much flavor and brings this recipe together!
Pecans – Chopped or halved pecans are both great options in this recipe!
How to Make Butterscotch Pecan Pie
Making this Butterscotch Pecan Pie is INCREDIBLY easy! Here’s how to make this recipe in a few simple steps:
- Make your pie crust (or purchase from the store) and flatten on a 9-inch pie pan.
- Melt butterscotch chips and butter together in the microwave.
- Mix the pecan pie filling together with the melted butterscotch chips.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 60-70 minutes!
It really doesn’t get much easier than that! This recipe is effortless but impressive. SOOO much to love about this pecan pie!
Do You Serve Pecan Pie Warm or Cold?
You can serve pecan pie either way – warm or cold. Both are just as delicious! If serving warm, be sure to let the pie set at room temperature for 2 hours. Once it’s been at room temperature for 2 hours, it’s best to serve immediately or chill pecan pie in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve!
Pecan Pie Topping Ideas
Now for the best part – pie toppings! Here are a few ideas for how to serve pecan pie:
- Whipped Cream – a classic!
- Butterscotch Drizzle – simply melt 1/4 cup butterscotch with 1/2 Tablespoon of butter or oil and drizzle over the entire pie. So good!
- Extra Pecan Halves or Crushed Pecans
- Marshmallow Topping
- Pie Crust Cookies
How Long Does Butterscotch Pecan Pie Last?
Pecan pie can last at room temperature for up to 2 hours. After that, it can be refrigerated for 3-4 days!
Another option is to freeze pecan pie for up to 2 months. To freeze, let the pie cool completely and refrigerate for a few hours. Then simply wrap the pie slices in cling wrap and place in an airtight container in the freezer!
More Fall Recipes You’ll Love
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
The BEST Butterscotch Pecan Pie
- 1 batch pie crust uncooked
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup chopped or halved pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Flatten the pie crust on to a 9-inch pie pan and place in the refrigerator.
- Melt the butter and butterscotch chips together in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring between each 30 second mark. (The texture should be a smooth paste, not runny.)
- In a large bowl or mixer; bring together the corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and butter/butterscotch mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the pie filling into the uncooked pie crust.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until most of the pie seems stable (a little jiggle in the center is okay).
- Let cool for 2 hours at room temperature, then serve or refrigerate for later!
Leave a Reply