This Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso recipe tastes JUST like the real deal! Made entirely in a mason jar and shaken together, this easy drink is a great way to start the day. Make this Starbucks copycat recipe in just a few minute for a delicious, perfectly sweet coffee treat!
In This Post
- How to Make an Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- Making the Espresso or Coffee
- Tips for Success
- More Delicious Drinks You’ll Love
Ready to get started on this brown sugar shaken espresso? You only need 5 ingredients, a mason jar, and some ice to make this SUPER easy recipe!
Brown Sugar – Dark or light brown sugar both work great in this recipe.
Espresso – Make 2 regular shots of espresso or 1 lungo shot instead!
Cinnamon – The cinnamon in this recipe is optional, but I personally love how it adds depth and flavor. There’s nothing like it!
Vanilla – The vanilla extract also adds a touch of sweet flavor!
Mason Jar & Ice – If you don’t have a mason jar on hand, you can make this in any tumbler or glass. Simply use a cocktail shaker to shake it all together and pour over ice!
Tip: If you need to take it on the go, this mason jar tumbler with a metal straw is perfect for iced drinks like this one!
How to Make an Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
Here’s how to make an Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso in 5 easy steps:
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon with espresso.
- Let cool in the refrigerator (optional).
- Add in vanilla and oat milk.
- Add ice and shake.
- Add more ice and milk to the desired amount!
Making the Espresso or Coffee
Espresso or Nespresso Machine
One of the easiest ways to make an Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is with a Nespresso Machine! It’s incredibly simple and makes for super quick espresso without a lack in quality. And the Double Espresso pod is perfect for this recipe!
You can also make this recipe with a regular espresso machine as well! Simply brew two shots of espresso or a single lungo shot instead.
Don’t have an espresso machine? Not to worry, this recipe can also be made with regular brewed coffee. Simply replace the 2 shots of espresso with 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee!
Once the drink has been created, feel free to add in more coffee to your own personal taste.
Another option is to use instant coffee in this recipe! Use about 4 tsp of instant coffee mixed with 60 mL of hot water (about 1/4 cup).
Tips For Success
One thing that’s unique about this Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is that all of the ingredients are combined in the mason jar while they are hot, they are cooled in the refrigerator, and THEN the ice is added. This method is a bit different from the Starbucks method, but here’s why it’s amazing:
- Combining the brown sugar and cinnamon with freshly poured espresso allow the ingredients to dissolve. No gritty textures here!
- Adding in the vanilla and oat milk while the drink is still warm (but not hot) helps the flavors come together.
- Most importantly, adding the ice in at the end keeps from watering down the drink, ensuring the BEST sweet, creamy flavor!
NOTE: If you prefer, you can add the ice in at the beginning and combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and espresso in a separate container. Then simply pour over ice and add the oat milk and vanilla. Shake and enjoy!
More Delicious Drinks You’ll Love
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 cup ice or more
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in a mason jar.
- Make 2 shots of espresso and pour into the mason jar.
- Stir until the sugar and cinnamon dissolve.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes (if possible).
- Add vanilla and oat milk, then stir.
- Add ice to the mason jar, place the lid on it, and shake.
- Add more ice and oat milk to desired amount and taste.