Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake made with bourbon, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pecans. Top it off with ice cream for an easy-to-make dessert recipe that everyone will be completely obsessed with!
Say hello to your new favorite dessert: Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake! This light, fluffy, and perfectly soft pudding cake recipe is one you’ll definitely want to keep on hand for any occasion. The warm, sweet flavors come together in such a delicious way!
You won’t believe how incredibly easy this cake recipe is to put together. All you need is a small mixing bowl, a baking dish, and a few simple ingredients. Lightly crisp and crunchy on the outside, while perfectly soft and delicate on the inside, this delicious whiskey cake is rich in flavor!
You’ll Also Love: How to Substitute Almond Flour for All-Purpose Flour
Here are a few notes about the ingredients that you’ll need for this easy and delicious pudding cake recipe!
Bourbon – Bourbon, or any type of whiskey, work great in this recipe. It adds a warm flavor with notes of vanilla, caramel, and oak. So good!
TIP: Want to make this non-alcoholic? While the alcohol in the bourbon is cooked out of this recipe, you can also use this alcohol-free bourbon instead!
Brown Sugar – The brown sugar in this recipe adds to the warm flavor of the bourbon sauce. Regular sugar is used in the cake recipe, however!
Maple Syrup – Sweet and delicious, maple syrup is a core part of the bourbon sauce that’s poured over the pudding cake, creating a sweet, caramelized effect.
Butter – Melted or lightly melted, butter also adds a flavor that’s like unlike any other and brings this cake recipe together.
Milk – Whole milk is best, but any type of milk works great in this recipe!
Flour – All-purpose flour is recommended, but you can also fully or partially substitute almond flour if you’re looking for a gluten-free option.
Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon is a total must in this recipe!
Pecans – Top this Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake off with halved or chopped pecans to really take things to the next level!
How to Make Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake
Making this Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake with bourbon, cinnamon, and pecans is actually way easier than you might think! Here’s how to put it together in just 5 simple steps:
1. Simmer The Bourbon
Bring the bourbon to a boil, then simmer and combine with brown sugar and maple syrup.
2. Whisk Liquid Ingredients
Using a baking dish, casserole dish, or soufflé dish, combine and whisk the liquid ingredients together.
3. Add Dry Ingredients
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients to create the cake batter.
4. Pour Bourbon Over Cake
Pour the bourbon mixture over the cake batter.
5. Top With Pecans and Bake!
Top the pudding cake off with pecans and bake, then let cool. Serve with ice cream and enjoy!
More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Banana Pudding Lasagna
- Lemon Turmeric Cake
- Palm Springs Date Shake
- Strawberry Pop Tarts
- Mulberry Pie Bars
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to sign up for our email list to get recipes delivered to your inbox and rate the recipe below!
Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake
- 1/3 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, bring the bourbon to a boil.
- Let simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then add in the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Whisk together and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a 2-quart baking or soufflé dish, melt the butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add in the regular sugar, milk, vanilla, and egg.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the baking dish, mixing as you go until well combined.
- Pour the bourbon mixture over the cake batter, allowing it to sink to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle halved or chopped pecans over the cake batter.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes, serve, and enjoy!
- Serve this Maple Whiskey Pudding Cake with ice cream for the best dessert!